Youth and Play Worker – Opportunity
Salary: £70.00-£120.00 per day
Unique Voice is a nationally accredited social enterprise working frontline in schools and communities across the South West. Delivering creative programmes using the arts as a medium to make a positive and long-lasting social impact.
We create programmes designed to enable young people to learn, develop and grow in all aspects of their social emotional development. We provide topical and engaging programmes on subjects such as mental health, crime and anti-bullying with much of our work aligned to safeguarding and early intervention based services through performance, film and workshop programmes.
We are currently looking for candidates with an interest in facilitation and who are available to work during the school holidays. We want to focus on building a diverse team of freelancers to be representative of the communities we work within. We are particularly interested in hearing from men, people from a Black and Minority Ethnic backgrounds and those from working-class backgrounds.
Our holiday programmes include creative activities, crafts, drama games, movement, music and mindfulness. You will be expected to lead or support in the delivery of the schemes created by UV creatives.
Unique Voice are ACE Ambassadors and we would be particularly interested in hearing from people who have experience using trauma informed approaches. We also encourage applications from people with lived experience of the subject matters we explore within our programmes.
- Willingness to undergo an Enhanced DBS check with the update service.
- Experience working with children and/or young people.
- Ability to authentically build rapport with children/young people.
- Empathise with children/young peoples different needs and concerns.
- Are engaging, fun and imaginative
- To be flexible, reliable, punctual and able to work effectively within a team.
- Our facilitators are freelance and we require them to declare their own earnings for tax purposes.
- Willing to travel to Bristol/South Glos settings.
Things to note
- Content and schemes are provided by the Unique Voice creative team.
- We are currently looking for people available to work during the Summer holidays.
- Fees range from £70 – £120 per day dependant on experience and role.
- If you are successful in your application you will join our pool of facilitators. You will then be offered project work dependent on your skills, availability, transport situation and experience.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion: Unique Voice CIC is committed to actively encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and throughout the services we deliver. Our aim is to eliminate unlawful discrimination of all kinds and provide equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment, whether temporary, part-time or full-time.
Closing date – 26/06/22
To apply please complete this form. You will not be considered if you do not complete this form – https://forms.gle/KafNXhrawnGGu1du7
Please contact Becky at beckyh at uniquevoice.org or call on 01174286240 if you have any questions.