Youth Worker – Opportunity
Unique Voice is a nationally accredited social enterprise working frontline in schools and communities across the South West. Delivering creative programmes using the arts as a medium to make a positive and long-lasting social impact.
We create programmes designed to enable young people to learn, develop and grow in all aspects of their social emotional development. We provide topical and engaging programmes on subjects such as mental health, crime and anti-bullying with much of our work aligned to safeguarding and early intervention based services through performance, film and workshop programmes.
We are currently looking for candidates with an interest in facilitation and working with children and young people. We are interested in people with a broad range of experiences who have a great natural rapport with children.
Our programmes include filmmaking, performance, crafts, movement, music and mindfulness. You will be expected to lead or support in the delivery of the schemes created by UV creatives.
Unique Voice are ACE Ambassadors and we would be particularly interested in hearing from people who have experience using trauma informed approaches. We also encourage applications from people with lived experience of the subject matters we explore within our programmes.
- Willingness to under go a DBS check with the update service.
- Experience working with children and/or young people.
- Ability to authentically build rapport with children/young people.
- Empathise with children/young peoples different needs and concerns.
- Are engaging, fun and imaginative
- To be flexible, reliable, punctual and able to work effectively within a team.
- Our facilitators are freelance and we require them to declare their own earnings for tax purposes.
- Willing to travel to Bristol/South Glos settings.
Things to note
- Content and schemes are provided by the Unique Voice creative team.
- Fees range from £70 – £100+ per day dependant on experience.
- If you are successful in your application you will join our pool of facilitators. You will then be offered project work dependent on your skills, availability, transport situation and experience.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please complete the following form: https://forms.gle/AJfztHBNEj9HWuX96
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion: Unique Voice CIC is committed to actively encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and throughout the services we deliver. Our aim is to eliminate unlawful discrimination of all kinds and provide equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment, whether temporary, part-time or full-time.
Closing date – 04/02/21