Youth Facilitators – Vacancy
Unique Voice is a nationally accredited social enterprise working frontline in schools and communities across the South West. Delivering creative programmes using the arts as a medium to make a positive and long-lasting social impact.
We create programmes designed to enable young people to learn, develop and grow in all aspects of their social emotional development. We provide topical and engaging programmes on subjects such as mental health, crime and anti-bullying with much of our work aligned to safeguarding and early intervention based services through performance, film and workshop programmes.
We are currently looking for candidates with an interest in facilitation and working with children and young people this summer. We are interested in people with a broad range of experiences who might not have years experience but instead have a great natural rapport with children.
Unique Voice are ACE Ambassadors and we would be particularly interested in hearing from people who have experience using trauma informed approaches. We also encourage applications from people with lived experience of the subject matters we explore within our programmes.
- Willingness to under go a DBS check with the update service.
- To be have the ability to quickly build rapport with children/young people.
- Empathise with children/young peoples different needs and concerns.
- Are engaging, fun and imaginative
- To be flexible, reliable, punctual and able to work within a team.
- Our facilitators are freelance and we require them to declare their own earnings for tax purposes.
- Bristol or North Somerset based as our projects are mainly delivered within this area.
Things to note
- For all of our facilitators we provide safeguarding, Adverse Childhood Experience and First Aid training.
- We ask facilitators to be able to commit to 2 weeks of work throughout the summer holidays 26th July – 27th August.
- Content and schemes are provided by the Unique Voice creative team.
- Fees range from £60 – £100 per day, (9am-3pm), dependant on experience.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please complete the following form: Youth Facilitator Application
Any questions, email Becky at email@example.com or call 0117 428 6240
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion: Unique Voice CIC is committed to actively encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and throughout the services we deliver. Our aim is to eliminate unlawful discrimination of all kinds and provide equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment, whether temporary, part-time or full-time.
Closing date – 04/07/21