Visual Content Producer (Maternity Cover) Vacancy
Visual Content Producer (Maternity Cover)
£23,333 – £31,666 pro rata
Part time – 3 days
Fixed term contract
Unique Voice is a nationally accredited social enterprise working frontline in schools and communities across the South West. Delivering creative programmes using the arts as a medium to make a positive and long-lasting social impact.
We create programmes and films designed to enable young people to learn, develop and grow in all aspects of their social emotional development. We provide topical and engaging programmes on subjects such as mental health, crime and anti-bullying with much of our work aligned to safeguarding and early intervention based services through performance, film and workshop programmes.
We create films for charities, schools and organisations that wish to make a positive social impact. We are known for our informative and innovative approach; fusing both our knowledge and expertise of the third sector with our creative skills. The application of these skills results in the production of films that are current, accessible, and armed with powerful messages.
We’ve delivered films to a variety of different commissioners such as Bristol City Council, NHS, the National Children’s Bureau and many schools. Although we work with a diverse group of organisations our films are predominantly young person led. We collaborate with young people to use their knowledge, imagination and creativity to create content.
We’re recruiting for a highly organised, dynamic, creative individual to join the UV team as Visual Content Producer to play a lead role in developing our film content for different digital platforms, commissioners and projects.
This is an exciting and varied role where you will be working to produce our films from start to finish. From the initial sound-boarding of creative concepts, working with young people to develop ideas and scripts, to receiving and implementing final feedback, you will work with team members and help to manage our pool of freelance film makers throughout the entire process of each film project.
As Visual Content Producer you will play a vital role in ensuring all films produced meet the expectations of Unique Voice and the many organisations we collaborate with including Crimestoppers, National Children’s Bureau and GWR. You will help plan, oversee and develop high quality content. This will include working with an assistant to produce and film for UV projects. Alongside this you will be expected to manage our team of filmmakers.
Our work is hugely varied; being versatile, creative and imaginative in your approach to planning, filming and editing is essential. Due to the range and sensitivity of topics that we cover with young people, it is vital that a pastoral approach is taken when working with children to create the films. Our creative facilitators deliver workshops to the children beforehand and therefore they will have a base knowledge of the subjects being covered within our films.
You will be provided with all equipment required to fulfil your role including MacBook Pro, Adobe Creative Cloud, access to desktop for editing large projects, film and sound equipment.
This is a part-time position, 3 days per week, on a fixed term contract and pay is dependent on experience, £23,333 – £31,666 FTE, actual salary £14,000 – £19,000 per annum. Please note this is not a remote working position.
- You will have at experience of producing films and written and visual content for different digital mediums
- You will be able to confidently manage and coordinate a small team/individuals
- You will have the ability to confidently come up with creative concepts for films
- You will be a team player than can confidently engage in creative meetings
- You will have the ability to proficiently use premiere pro, after effects, illustrator and photoshop
- This role includes some travel and therefore applicants must have a full UK driving license and access to their own vehicle.
- You will have high quality filming, editing and directing skills
- You will be able to confidently work with and direct young people of varying ages
- You will be able to confidently film and interview children in a safe manner following and adhering to all Unique Voice safeguarding policies
- You will have confidence in creating films that vary in style, topic and genre
- You will be a team player that can confidently contribute to meetings
- You will have the ability to work with emotional and cultural awareness
- You will be able to develop a concept and storyboard from prescribed outcomes
- You will be able to identify preferable locations and casting preferences
- You will have the ability and willingness to take and give feedback and make amendments with positivity and speed
- Design skills
- Proficient use of InDesign
- Full Enhanced DBS
- Experience working with young people
- Experience managing a team of people
- Experience of working in the third sector
To apply, please email the following to Becky at email@example.com with the subject title ‘Visual Content Producer Vacancy – [Your Name] :
- Cover letter clearly outlining how you meet the requirements
- An example of your work e.g. showreel or creative portfolio
Your application can be submitted in written, video or audio form
Applications must be submitted by 12/10/21
To discuss this role further or for any questions please contact 0117 428 6240 or email Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion: Unique Voice CIC is committed to actively encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and throughout the services we deliver. Our aim is to eliminate unlawful discrimination of all kinds and provide equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment, whether temporary, part-time or full-time.
Collection and processing of data is carried out in accordance with the Unique Voice GDPR Policy and Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available on our website or by request from the Unique Voice Head Office.