PPA Cover Teachers VACANCY
PPA Cover Teachers
Term time position
£20/per hour (approx 3 hours per session)
Unique Voice is a nationally accredited social enterprise working frontline in schools across the South West of England. We deliver programmes designed to enable young people to learn, develop and grow in all aspects of their socio-emotional education.
We have an excellent reputation for providing high quality, creative staff cover during school’s PPA time and due to demand we are looking to recruit new facilitators. We would like to hear from passionate teachers who can fuse their empathetic nature with their ability to lead an engaging PSHE lesson for Years 3, 4 & 5.
- PPA Cover Teachers will lead, prepared PSHE lessons. Each term follows a new PSHE topic and lessons aim to examine curriculum based learning goals.
- As a classroom practitioner you will be required to inspire, motivate and enthuse your class.
- You will maintain challenging yet realistic expectations for both achievement and behaviour.
- PPA Cover Teachers support and promote the vision and ethos of the school.
- They expect high expectations of all pupils and inspire them to be lifelong learners
- Provide students with positive and enriching learning experiences
- Support and contribute to the school’s and Unique Voice’s responsibility to safeguarding children.
- Provide a brief weekly summary of observations of the learning achieved
- Experience delivering lessons/workshops to children of all learning styles and abilities.
- A strong understanding of PSHE topics.
- Open, creative, welcoming and empathetic.
- Able to praise participation and encourage critical thinking
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Encouraging of skills, talents and children’s ideas
- Ability to reflect with the students to generate new ideas and alternative points of view
- Confident in adhering to school policy and behaviour management
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding
- Enthused with energy and passionate about leading high-quality education.
- Be able to work well as part of a team.
- Have a flexible, creative and innovative approach.
- Must be registered or willing to register as self-employed
- Must have a current DBS or willing to apply for one
- Experience working as a PPA Cover teacher
- Experience working with children with complex needs
- Knowledge of the current curriculum guidelines
- Recognised teaching qualification
What you need to know
- Full training and lesson plans provided..
- Our current vacancies include Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays afternoons at a North Bristol primary school. Applicants with availability for 1, 2 or all 3 afternoons are equally welcome.
- Immediate start until the end of the academic year
- Term time only
- The rate of pay is £20/hour (approx 3 hours).
- Potential work also available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings outside of school
We actively encourage applications from people with lived experience of the topics and issues we explore within our creative programmes.
How to apply:
If you would like to be considered for this role please email, Becky Hale at email@example.com including a CV and either a brief cover letter (max 300 words) or video application (max 5 minutes) explaining your suitability for this position.
To discuss this role further or for any questions please contact 0117 428 6240 or email Becky Hale at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date – 19/04/2021
We reserve the right to close vacancies early if suitable candidates are found.