PPA Cover Teachers/Facilitators Required
Role: PPA Cover Teachers Required
Closing Date: Monday 15th July
Interview Date: Monday 22nd July
Start Date: 3rd September 2019
Unique Voice is a nationally accredited social enterprise working frontline in schools across the South West of England.
We deliver programmes designed to enable young people to learn, develop and grow in all aspects of their socio-emotional education. We do this by delivering memorable, creative and arts based sessions to over 65,000 young people to date.
We have a glowing reputation for providing high quality and creative staff cover during school’s PPA time and due to demand we are looking to recruit new facilitators to part time positions.
We would like to hear from passionate teachers who can fuse their teaching ability with their ability to lead a memorable PSHE lesson for Years 3, 4 & 5.
Main purpose of the role:
- Teach a class of pupils and ensure that planning, preparation, assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to inspire, motivate and enthuse others
- Have high expectations for both achievement and behaviour.
- Support and promote the vision and ethos of the school.
- Be able to work well as part of a team.
- Have high expectations of all pupils and inspire them to be lifelong learners
- Provide students with positive and enriching learning experiences
- Have a flexible, creative and innovative approach.
- Support and contribute to the school’s and Unique Voice’s responsibility to safeguarding children.
- Have excellent PSHE knowledge.
To be considered for this position, you’ll be/have:
- Experience of teaching in a primary school.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in delivering lessons to young people of all learning styles and abilities.
- A strong understanding of PSHE topics.
- Open, welcoming and empathic
- Able to praise participation and encourage critical thinking
- Good at listening and being non-judgmental
- Able to build confidence in participating through demonstration
- Creative, encouraging of skills, talents and children’s ideas
- Ability to reflect with the participants, generate new ideas and alternative points of view
- Confident in adhering to school policy and behaviour management
- Enthused with energy and be passionate about leading high-quality education.
Each teacher will be able to deliver PSHE sessions to primary school aged children.
Full training and lesson plans provided.
Our current vacancies include Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays afternoons at a Bristol primary school.
Training will include in school staff training sessions – dates will be shared in advance.
We are looking for a commitment of the full academy year – term time only on the afternoons specified – September 3rd to July.
The rate of pay is £50 per session (approx 3 hours).
Each week you will be asked to write a short summary of observations of the learning achieved
How to apply:
If you would like to be considered for this role please email Programmes Manager, Sophie Scott including your CV and no more than a 200 word covering letter on why you feel you would be an ideal candidate. Please email email@example.com.