Freelance Fundraiser Required
Unique Voice create programmes designed to enable young people to learn, develop and grow in all aspects of their socio-educational and emotional development whether that is through classroom based learning or community campaigns. Unique Voice has a glowing reputation for providing current and engaging programmes on topics such as mental health, crime and anti-bullying with much of their work aligned to safeguarding and early intervention based services through performance, film and workshop programmes.
We are looking for a freelance fundraiser to help us achieve a stronger success rate on national bids related to the topics we specialise in and increase our funding from trusts and authorities that will enable us to service an additional £70,000 of programmes that will benefit young people.
We are looking for likeminded, friendly and hardworking candidates who can not only met the finance target, but also work closely with our team to enable skill sharing of their role to inspire other team members in their work.
Closing Date: Monday 27th September 4pm
How to Apply:
Please see the job description below and express your interest in writing to Cat Sparkes-Walsh (Company Director) by Monday 17th September. Please include a CV along with a covering letter (no more than 500 words) describing your suitability for this position and a recent example of your fundraising abilities.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and bids revelvant to our work.
- Work with our finance team to gather information necessary to report to funders on current grant programmes.
- Provide communication to current donors to provide regular written updates (newsletters etc) to corporate and foundation donors.
- Create fundraising events and social media campaigns
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Minimum of two years experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments..
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.