£150 – £300 day rate based on experience and project requirements
We create films for charities, schools and organisations that wish to make a positive social impact. We are known for our informative and innovative approach; fusing both our knowledge and expertise of the third sector with our creative skills. The application of these skills results in the production of films that are current, accessible, and armed with powerful messages.
We’ve delivered films to a variety of different commissioners such as Bristol City Council, NHS, the National Children’s Bureau and many schools. Although we work with a diverse group of organisations our films are predominantly young person led. We collaborate with the young people to use their knowledge, imagination and creativity to create the content.
We are looking for versatile freelance filmmakers who are able to lead on the whole lifecycle of a project.
- Filming and interviewing children about difficult topics such as knife crime and domestic violence
- Using these interviews to create short documentary style films
- Using film and animation to create backdrops for performances that young people partake in
- Filming children reciting lines to camera
- Media management
- Recording voiceovers for animations and film
- Using green screen
- Copyright free music sourcing
- Creating animation from your own drawings
- Bringing children’s drawings to life using animation
- Bring new ideas and inspiration to the team
- Have the confidence to voice your ideas articulately
- Have good awareness of filming styles that are engaging for children/ young people/ professionals.
- Proficient use of animation applications such as Adobe After Effects / Illustrator / Animate
- Proficient use of Premiere Pro editing software
- Be comfortable working as part of a professional team and work well independently to timelines and deadlines.
- Strong work ethic
- Flexibility when working on multiple projects
- Have the ability to work with emotional and cultural awareness
- Develop a concept and storyboard from prescribed outcomes
- Identify preferable locations and casting preferences
- High quality filming, direction and editing skills
- Ability and willingness to take feedback and make amendments with positivity and speed.
- Bristol based
Our work is hugely varied, so being versatile, creative and imaginative in your approach to filming and editing is essential. The topics of our films are diverse, some examples are anti-bullying, online safety, exploitation, safeguarding and knife crime. Due to the range of topics, it is vital that a pastoral approach is taken when working with children to create the films. Our creative facilitators teach the children about the topics beforehand, so the young people will usually have a base knowledge of the topics being covered within the film.
Examples of previous projects:
National Anti-Bullying week films
For the fourth consecutive year, the National Anti-bullying Alliance have approached us to produce the Official National Anti-bullying films for both primary and secondary education. Please follow the link below to see examples of these films.
National Anti-Bullying Week Films – Secondary Education
National Anti-Bullying Week Films – Primary Education
‘What Would You Do?’ – Crime Prevention Programme
This film was created for the grand finale of the CrimeStoppers ‘What Would You Do?’ crime prevention programme. We worked with young people from 6 schools across Bristol teaching them about crime and how to report it. We then worked with the children to create this film to celebrate their learning and it was shown live to an audience of 800 community members.
This is a project that has been replicated and delivered by us all across the South West. This year we are delivering the project in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Bristol.
How to apply:
If you would like to be considered for this role please email, Claire Farnham at firstname.lastname@example.org including a CV and either a cover letter (max 350 words) or video application (max 5 minutes) explaining your suitability for this position.
To discuss this role further or for any questions please contact 0117 428 6240 or email Claire at email@example.com
We actively encourage applications from people with lived experience of the topics we explore within our films, please see examples of subjects in our previous film projects.
Closing date: Friday 14th Mary 2021
We reserve the right to close vacancies early if suitable candidates are found