Creative – Maternity Cover Vacancy
£25,500-£27,500 pro rata dependent on experience
4 days per week
Closing date: 03/12/21
Unique Voice is a nationally accredited social enterprise working frontline in schools and communities across the South West. Delivering creative programmes using the arts as a medium to make a positive and long-lasting social impact.
We create programmes and films designed to enable young people to learn, develop and grow in all aspects of their social emotional development. We provide topical and engaging programmes on subjects such as mental health, crime and anti-bullying with much of our work aligned to safeguarding and early intervention based services through performance, film and workshop programmes.
Our work has a strong reputation for unlocking young people’s potential, ideas and aspirations. It’s never afraid in its approach to embrace new challenges, communities and empower systematic and social change.
We’re recruiting for a highly skilled individual to join the UV team as a ‘Creative’
Creativity at Unique Voice is imaginative, playful, age appropriate and most importantly innovative.
The Creative at Unique Voice plays a key role in developing ideas, creating content, and designing programmes for a wide range of projects. No two days are the same; one may be spent attending creative meetings and writing content from our office hub, the next could be facilitating workshops, running rehearsals, or filming on location. Juggling multiple projects at any one time. The Creative could find themselves writing scripts for theatre shows, planning workshops to tackle key social issues, attending holiday programmes for targeted young people, or presenting ideas to project funders and stakeholders. The creative also plays a crucial role in ensuring our skilled youth workers and facilitators deliver Unique Voice content with confidence, skill and creativity.
By working for one of the leading creative education providers, you will find yourself working with agencies and organisations across sectors who are enlisting creative approaches to tackling extensive issues in society. You will work side by side with our education partners who trust us to bring imaginative and pioneering ideas to the curriculum and outcome based work. In house you will find yourself working within our friendly and small but mighty team. You will work alongside colleagues such as our digital content producers, where you will fuse your creative ideas with their digital vision. Working together on films that support National Anti-Bullying Week, online safety week and events throughout our calendar.
Whether on zoom or in our office, creative meetings at Unique Voice are full of inspiration and passion; the Creative plays a pivotal part in producing fresh ideas and ensuring their work is always original, exciting and front-line in its field. The nature of this role requires an individual who is versatile and adaptable, ready to problem solve and take on different responsibilities to suit each project’s needs.
Working with children and young people is central to all aspects of the Creative’s work, from facilitating workshops to planning youth programmes. A true passion for the social and emotional development of children is vital for this role.
As a member of a hard working and passionate team, the Creative is responsible for personal workload management and planning to ensure that deadlines are met. The varied nature of Unique Voice’s work makes this role ideal for someone ready to jump into exciting new concepts and approaches each project with curiosity, passion, and creativity.
You will be provided with all equipment required to fulfil your role
This is a maternity cover position (4 days per week) and a fixed-term contract starting January 2022. The salary is £25,500-£27,500 pro rata depending on experience.
To apply, please complete the following application form: Creative – Application Form
To help us understand more about your expertise as a creative, we are inviting applicants to demonstrate their skills by submitting a sample workshop activity idea on any of the following hypothetical scenarios. Please note this only needs to be one activity and this can be presented to us in any style of written format you wish.
- Activity that helps young people at a holiday programme get to know each other
- Activity that addresses cyber bullying with a group of young teens
- Activity that enables young people to think / explore wellbeing strategies
Please send your sample workshop activity ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject title – ‘Creative – Sample Workshop – [Your name]’
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview on Tuesday 7th December or Wednesday 8th December.
Closing date: 03/12/21 at 12:00pm
- You will be able to self generate new creative ideas for all of our projects
- You will be well versed in social issues that directly impact young people and have the ability to unearth creativity amongst challenging issues
- Experience working with young people
- You will be able to manage the life cycle of creative projects at UV from ideas stage to finished product
- You will be confident in the curriculum and have the expertise to write for education requirements
- You will have the confidence to quality control live projects and monitor content outcomes
- You will have a drive to ensure creativity is diverse, inclusive and representative of young people and the issues they face
- You will hold a full UK driving license and have access to a car
- You will be a team player that can confidently contribute to meetings
- You will have the ability to work with emotional and cultural awareness
- You will have the ability and willingness to take and give feedback and make amendments with positivity and speed
- Full Enhanced DBS
- Creatives that have worked in trauma informed approaches
- Experience within a similar role
- Experience of working in the third sector
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion: Unique Voice CIC is committed to actively encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and throughout the services we deliver. Our aim is to eliminate unlawful discrimination of all kinds and provide equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment, whether temporary, part-time or full-time.
For any questions or an informal chat please contact Becky at email@example.com or 07901023552