Creative Facilitators & Actors Required
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
About Unique Voice?
Unique Voice is a nationally accredited social enterprise working frontline in schools and communities across the South West of England, delivering creative programmes using the Arts as a medium to make a positive and long-lasting social impact to over 65,000 young people to date.
Unique Voice create programmes designed to enable young people to learn, develop and grow in all aspects of their socio-educational and emotional development whether that is through classroom based learning or community campaigns. Unique Voice has a glowing reputation for providing current and engaging programmes on topics such as mental health, crime and anti-bullying with much of their work aligned to safeguarding and early intervention based services through performance, film and workshop programmes.
About ‘Triple R’
Following on from the success of previous years work, this year we are again touring schools across the country with our renowned anti-bullying education services, ‘Triple R’. We portray real life issues affecting children through drama and creative play.
Our programmes are devised by listening and responding to the changing needs that young people are experiencing. Through focus groups, we are able to pinpoint what issues to cover within our programmes and the best approach in tackling them through educational visits known as “tours”. Through this, we are able to implement the voice of young people into performances that are shown in an assembly setting. The performances are a powerful tool in engaging young people, relating possible personal challenges they may face with the drama they are presented with.
Following this, we deliver workshops to young people, further exploring the themes related to the performance. This allows young people to explore positive and negative outcomes, encouraging them to make informed decisions.
‘Triple R’ programme aims:
- Immediately have a positive impact on victims, bystanders and those showing bullying behaviour.
- Enable young people to ‘Recognise, Report & Resolve’ bullying.
- Informing students of a system to report bullying concerns, that is accessible to all.
- Enable schools to create an environment that prevents bullying from becoming a serious problem.
- Creating a whole school approach to tackling bullying, including the school community.
- Give young people the opportunity to voice their opinions and issues, allowing insight into their ideas for solutions.
- Equip young people with knowledge, confidence and empathy, making them less likely to make negative choices.
- Create an open dialogue with pupils to discuss and celebrate differences, promoting an inclusive environment.
- Producing a platform that involves students; empowering young minds to play their part responsibly.
- Providing creative and innovative solutions that support Ofsted requirements and support Department for Education guidelines.
About the role
We are currently looking for actors with strong workshop facilitation skills to deliver performances and drama based workshops of a high standard as part of our ‘Triple R’ tour 2018. All applicants must be willing to travel and stay outside of Bristol for the delivery of services when required.
Strong workshop facilitation skills are of the upmost importance in being a part of the Unique Voice team. Performers will be required to lead workshops to a very high standard, using drama to convey key learning objectives.
Applicant requirements Essential
- Experience working with drama and young people.
- DBS Check with Update service.
- Willingness to under go a DBS check with the update service.
- Passion for the arts/education and using drama to help enhance learning.
- Strong and confident in workshop facilitation.
- To be open, encouraging and excellent at quickly building rapport with young people. The ability to listen and respond to young people’s learning styles and abilities.
- Empathise with young peoples different needs and concerns.
- To be adaptable to working in different environments, with children from different backgrounds and learning abilities.
- Are engaging, fun and imaginative with delivering memorable services.
- Clear understanding of behaviour management strategies and the ability to execute successfully.
- To be flexible, reliable, punctual and able to work within a dynamic team.
- Full professionalism in all levels of work.
- Experience performing for young people.
- Actors who can demonstrate an engaging performance, strong stage presence and the ability to play children/teens.
- Full, clean driving license and your own vehicle (please state this on your application).
- Have a base within Bristol or Bath (Rehearsals & Training will take place in Bristol).
- Skills and experience working with young people with SEND.
- TIE experience.
- Experience working in a school and community environment.
- Experience delivering PSHE based subjects to young people.
- Experience working with vulnerable young people.
- Actors who are comfortable performing physical/movement work.
- Experience in dealing with child disclosures.
- Rehearsals: Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th November – 9-7pm – specific times tbc @ the Unique Voice office in Bristol.
- Tour – Monday 11th November – Friday 29th November
(3 weeks, Monday -Friday only, will be required for FULL duration)
Please note, further and regular work will be available for individuals upon successful completion and delivery of services.
Competitive daily rates based on experience, from £80 per day.
How to apply:
If you would like to be considered for this role please email Programmes Manager, Sophie Scott including your CV and no more than a 200 word covering letter on why you feel you would be an ideal candidate. Closing date is 6pm Monday 23rd September 2019
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org