After School Drama Club Workshop Leader Required
Do you have experience of working with primary school aged children?
Do you have drama workshop experience?
Are you fun, energetic and creative?
Then Unique Voice would like to hear from you…
What are we looking for?
We a looking for a fun, energetic and creative person to deliver our popular after school club drama club at Fair Furlong Primary School on Monday afternoons. This is one of our longest standing drama clubs in one of our flagship schools.
As a solo leader you will be required to deliver the scheme of work provided for you by Unique Voice, prepare materials and evaluate the sessions on a weekly basis.
This is a great opportunity to develop your workshop facilitation skills and become part of Unique Voice’s hub of freelance practitioners.
Skills, Experience and Qualities needed
- Experience working with drama and young people.
- Strong and confident in workshop facilitation.
- To be open, encouraging and excellent at quickly building rapport with young people.
- Empathise with young peoples different needs and concerns.
- The ability to listen and respond to young people’s learning styles and abilities.
- Are engaging, fun and imaginative with delivering memorable services.
- Clear understanding of behaviour management strategies and the ability to execute successfully.
- To be flexible, reliable, and punctual.
- Willing to under go an enhanced DBS check
- Full, clean driving license and your own vehicle.
- Skills and experience working with young people with SEND.
- Experience working in a school environment.
- Experience in dealing with child disclosures.
When and where?
- South Bristol Primary School
- Monday’s 3.15 – 4.15 (with an extra half an hour on last week for performance week). Terms 1 and 2: 25.9 2.10 9.10 16.10 30.10 6.11 13.11 20.11 27.11 4.12 11.12
Rate of Pay
– 2 hours training @ £10 per hour
– Solo leader @ £25 per session (plus £12.50 extra for performance week)
How to Apply
Please send your CV together with a 100-word cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role to Sophie Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org before 21st September. Interviews and possible trial will take place on Monday 25th September at the Unique Voice office, Old Market Street. Bristol.